Coaching Behaviour Questionnaire
For Youth Cert, UEFA B & UEFA A Coaches.
This study is investigating the percieved coaching behaviours by coaches with the advancement of coaching education. Many studies have investigated how coaching behaviour can influence a player however little is known about what can influence a coaches behaviour. One such influence on a coaches behaviour is education, this study will investigate if advancement in coaching education will influence a coaches behaviour. You are under no obligation to take part in this study, however your participation would be greatly appreciated.
Criteria to participate
To be eligible to take part in this study, you must have a Youth cert, UEFA B or UEFA A accreditation or be taking one of these courses at the present time. You must also be currently coaching a team or have coached a team in the past year. If you wish to take part in this study , please click on the link below which will take you to the questionnaire. Please read the instructions before attempting questions.
Consent, Criteria and Instructions
- Please create an ID code that you will remember using your initials and the last three digits of your phone number (Home or Mobile).
- Please write this number in the box below and keep a note of it. This will enable us to find your data should you wish to withdraw your data at later date.
- Please take your time to read through the instructions for the questionnaire and to answer each question honestly.
- Please note that there is no right or wrong answers and your answers will not negatively reflect on you as a coach.
- Your answers will remain confidential and will only be used for the purposes of this study.
- Please complete the questionnaire and return to the researcher. If you wish to withdraw from the study after you have filled out the questionnaire, you have up to 4 weeks after I have received your questionnaire to withdraw. You should contact myself and quote your ID code within four weeks. With your ID code, I will be able to locate your questionnaire and destroy it. My contact details are at below.
- I have been provided with an invitation to participate that I have read and understood.
- I am accredited with Youth cert, UEFA B or UEFA A or I am currently on one of these coaching education courses.
- I am coaching a team at present or have done in the last year. I am aware that taking part in this research is entirely voluntary, that I am not obligated to take part in this research as part of my coaching course and that I have the right to withdraw at any time while filling out the questionnaire and within 4 weeks of submitting the questionnaire to the researcher.
- I am aware that I can contact the researcher in order to withdraw my data from the study without reason, within four weeks of taking part in the study.
- I understand that a request to withdraw my data will result in the researcher identifying the associated data by ID code and destroying it.
- I am aware that any reporting of this data in a doctoral thesis, academic publication or conference publication will not identify me. I understand that the completed questionnaire and resultant data will be stored securely and anonymously with the unique identifier code listed below.
- I have been informed that this consent form will be stored separately from the data to avoid the discovery of my code by anyone other than the researcher I have been informed that my responses will not be passed on to my tutors at the University of Derby.