Catalan Elite Football: Smart Football Level 1 Course
CATALAN Elite Football is offering coaches the chance to earn a unique qualification in one of Europe’s most successful football methodologies. Their academy in Dublin is teaching young Irish footballers how to play the Catalan way, using the Smartfootball methodology.
This will be the first SmartFootball Level 1 Coaches Workshop to be held in Ireland and the UK.
What is Smart Football?
SmartFootball was developed by former RCD Espanyol coach Juanlu Martinez and is supported by multiple investigations and football academies, universities and professional teams of the highest international standard.
When is the course?
Two courses will take place on the weekend of February Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st; This is a full-day intensive course starting at 9am until 7pm on both days.
- Saturday the 20th Tipperary (venue to be confirmed)
- Sunday February 21st Dublin (venue to be confirmed)
This methodology SmartFootball has been implemented by Martinez with the youth teams of Dynamo Moscow over the past three years. Dynamo have since become the first Russian club to win the Manchester United Premier Cup Worlds Under-15 finals in 2014.
Former Catalan FA Head of Coaching, Albert Vinas, is the director of Smartfootball and along with his team of professional coaches at Futbol Salou, has been using the methodology to great success with full-time youngsters at his international academy.
Having overseen the coach education of top professionals like Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino and former Barcelona manager Tito Vilanova, Vinas is respected across the continent.
On Smartfootball, Vinas explains:
“The tactical concepts are present at all times, what we want is that the player understands the game, knows how to occupy the space, create spaces for the team-mates, offer solutions and line passes, and tactical concepts. “An important aspect of our methodology is how we help the players to arrive to the solution of every problem proposed by not directing them but by helping the players find solutions to the problems”.
- Know and identify the different problems and patterns of thought.
- Learn how to behave according to the SF coach methodology.
- Acquire the skills to apply them in practice.
- Deepening in the approach and preparation of problems and guidelines for thought.
- Action of the trainer.
- Trainer methodology.
- Practical application of all content viewed on level 0 (on the field).
- Learning session and evaluation.
- To pass the level the students must complete a written evaluation
- 9 hours in total. One day intensive course.
- Morning 4.5 hours Theory
- Afternoon 4 hours Practical
- 30 minute written Exam
- The student receives a diploma certifying that they have been successful and passed the course.
- €120per coach (If a club sends 5 coaches or more they will receive the course for €100 per coach).
A non-refundable deposit of €40 is required to confirm your place on the course, with the remainder of the balance due by Friday the 12th of February.
If you are a club and require more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-5312000
You can find out more about Smartfootball Methods here > SMARTFOOTBALL
I always like to hear your opinions and views. If you feel you have something to say, please comment below or email me email@example.com If, you don’t have anything to add then please forward this on to a friend. As always, thanks for reading.
I’m also on twitter @Coachdiary