DCU Sports Coaching Masterclass Series
DCU Sports have a small number of places remaining on a unique series of sports workshops which will run over the next 6 weeks. This will fit in nicely with our own workshop with Sports Psychologist Dan Abrahams on Saturday March 8th.
INTERESTED IN SPORTING SUCCESS, LEARNING FROM THE BEST?……
DCU are pleased to announce their sporting masterclasses. These workshops have been designed to cover areas that have been shown to be of great value in performance sports settings yet aren’t traditionally covered in formal coaching qualifications. The workshops offer the opportunity to learn from highly successful coaches who are happy to share their own experiences, ideas and methods with aspiring coaches, sports scientists and interested parties. The format and content will be suitable for coaches and managers from all sporting backgrounds.
A number of different contributors from various sports have been carefully selected to cover the areas chosen
- Billy Walsh – European, World and Olympic medal winning boxing coach and leader of the Irish Boxing High Performance Unit. Former Coach of the Year
- Jim Gavin – Manager to Dublin’s All Ireland winning football team
- Liam Sheedy – Manager to Tipperary’s All Ireland winning hurling team
- Gary Keegan – Irish Institute of Sport Chief and the coach responsible for developing the high performance unit of Irish Boxing
- Rory Fitzpatrick – Coach to Annalise Murphy, Ireland’s recently crowned European Champion and Olympic sailor
Dates – Each workshop has a different format and presenters:
- Wednesday 12 February 7.30-10pm
- Wednesday 26 February 7.30-10pm
- Wednesday 12 March 7.30-10pm
Each session will consist of two presentations delivered by highly experienced coaches/managers followed by a discussion forum at the end. There will be a short break between each session and refreshments will be provided.
Booking only at – Cost €35 (for all 3 workshops): BOOK YOUR PLACE HERE
Follow them on Twitter @DCUcoaching
I always like to hear your opinions. Please comment below or email me email@example.com If, you don’t have anything to add then please forward this on to a friend. Thanks for reading. I’m also on twitter @Coachdiary