“The more sports you can play from a younger age, the better
“The more sports you can play from a younger age, the better” @offtheball @nathanmurf Stuart Lancaster on the ‘specialisation vs generalisation’ argument in underage sport #OTBFuture
- The more sports you can play from a younger age, the better;
- They become more rounded;
- The best players players are the ones who had the broadest experiences in different sports;
- Playing to space, identifying space in different sports, the more you play the better you get that feel for it;
- The best decision makers are the ones who played the most sports;
- U16s international was stopped as only 10% made it to u20s. It creates false hope & impressions on players.
- You can only identify talent at around 20 years;
- Rocky Road Study: Athletes who had setbacks, not selected, injuries = better achievements rates, resilience, determination.
- Full Video bit.ly/2KWwexA
We always like to hear your opinions and views. If you feel you have something to say or content to share, please comment below or email me email@example.com