Football Coaching Events This August & September 2017
Michael Beale and Ray Power coming to Dublin!
Michael’s first coaching experience was within his own soccer school (a franchise of Brazilian Soccer Schools) which specialised in coaching Futebol De Salao to young school children. Prior to becoming a full-time coach at Chelsea FC, He also spent time coaching at Crystal Palace FITC Programme, as a coach for Chelsea Ladies, Crystal Palace Ladies and AFC Wimbledon u19s team.
Michael has recently returned from Sao Paulo FC Brazil holding the position Assistant Manager – Michael has now worked with some of the most renowned Coaches in World Football: Jose Mourinho – Paul Clement – Brendan Rodgers – Jurgen Klopp – Rogerio Ceni .
To date Micheal has coached at:
- Jan 2017 Sao Paulo Futebol Clube – Assistant Manager
- 2016-17 Liverpool FC Senior Development Coach / u23 Manager
- 2015-16 Liverpool FC Senior Development Coach / u21 Manager
- 2014-15 Liverpool FC Senior Development Coach / u21 Manager
- 2013-14 Liverpool FC Head of YDP u16/u15 coach & assistant u21
- 2012-13 Liverpool FC Head of YDP u16/u15 coach & assistant u21 coach
- 2011-12 Chelsea FC Full-time youth development officer & u14 coach
- 2010-11 Chelsea FC Full-time youth development officer & u14 coach
- 2009-10 Chelsea FC Full-time youth development officer & u14 coach
- 2008-09 Chelsea FC Full-time youth development officer & u13 coach
- 2007-08 Chelsea FC Full-time youth development officer & u10 coach
- 2006-07 Chelsea FC Full-time youth development officer & u10 coach
- 2005-06 Chelsea FC u10 coach & Head dev. centre coach u6-u9
- 2004-05 Chelsea FC u10 coach & Head dev. centre coach u6-u9
- 2003-04 Chelsea FC u8 Head coach/u9 Assistant & Head dev. centre coach u6-u9
- 2002-03 Chelsea FC Development centre coach u6-u9
This workshop will include 4 key elements:
- Player Development – Technical / Tactically.
- Team Development – Technical / Tactically.
- Michael Coaching Story starting from humble beginnings with Chelsea FC U8s.
- Michael Coaching Philosophy which brought him on a journey to Brazil.
Date: Wednesday 30th August
Time: 7pm to 10pm (Registration from 6pm)
Location: Inspire Fitness Centre, Navan Road Dublin 7 (National Deaf Village)
Price: €25.00 (Pay at the door)
Bookings: Paid (Cash only) to Mitch Whitty 086 8862618 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Then in September, we have the Ray Power One Day Masterclass:
Ray Power is the author of best-selling coaching books ‘Making the Ball Roll’ and the ‘Deliberate Soccer Practice’ series. He is a UEFA A Licence Coach, Coach Educator and qualified teacher. Ray has international experience having coached in England, mainland Europe and with international players in Africa.
1-day workshop: Based on Ray Power’s Deliberate Soccer Practice book series, this one-day football coach education masterclass will give participants first-hand education and guidance on the topic of Deliberate Practice in football.
The program mixes theoretical and practical elements to show coaches how to make their football training sessions more deliberate, purposeful and ultimately, accelerate the development of their players. It will show coaches how to engage players both physically and cognitively, allowing them to solve more problems and make better, football-related decisions on the pitch.
The event will focus on the topics of possession, attacking and defending over the course of the day, and offer an intimate, sport-specific setting to encourage Q&A, discussion and networking between participants.
Much has been written and commented in coaching circles discouraging ‘line’ drills, block practice and static training sessions – this course will show the coach the ‘what to do’ rather than the ‘what not to do’.
This event may well change how you coach forever!
Date: Saturday 23 September 2017
Time: 09.30am to 4.30pm
Location: Drogheda Town FC, Marian Park Drogheda.
Twitter @RayPowerCoachE1 and @power_ray
Book here: Deliberate-soccer-practice-one-day-masterclass-tickets
I always like to hear your opinions and views. If you feel you have something to say, please comment below or email me email@example.com If, you don’t have anything to add then please forward this on to a friend. As always, thanks for reading.
I’m also on twitter @Coachdiary and @LetTheKidPlay